Welcome, my name is Fabio, owner and chief executive
I often receive emails from all over the world asking for quotations and details over my activity as a photographer, particularly concerning wedding services. I kindly address to the brides this short introduction to the professional wedding photography. Prior to email me, this will give you the opportunity to know the foundamentals. Hope that this will help the majority of people visiting this page (note for French/Canadian friends: je parle français aussi). Venice is the most popular place for fiancées willing to get married the faboulous way. Paris is the second one. I can follow you wherever you like.
I also specialize in Wedding Photography,
I don't produce my images merely for the money, but you can take a glance to the following list to previously know what you should agree to pay for my work, my gear, the materials I use for final proofs, and all of the post production concerns (final product is usually ready after a month).
Remember the rules you must follow if you don't want to get disappointed with your photos:
- Saying "It's not the gear, it's the photographer, a friend of mine is really smart in taking pictures" - This is myth and illusion; nobody can think affording such a challange, with less than 3 pro cameras and dedicated lenses for each and any particular purpose, accessories, lighting equipment, an assistant for backup shooting, and sufficient memory and battery supply for at least 3 times what is supposedly needed for the coverage. And of course, in the end, your photographer must be smart too.
- "My uncle has the equipment and is smart. I'll pay less or have the job done for free". If your uncle is a (non retired) professional photographer, lucky you, otherwise we must say: nonsense. Nobody can achieve a good result (neither acceptable from my point of view) if he or she does not work every day, several hours a day on producing professional printed images, mastering all latest technologies, materials, software settings, profiles, compatibility, etc.
- Experience, experience, experience. The more the experience of your photographer, the better.
It's not only a "taking picture" issue. It's not "point-and-shoot and let's see-it". Photography (the professional way) is a form of expression that requires the mastering of techniques alongside a complex workflow from the shoot to the final product (art is another issue which cannot be easily described and examined by the means of words on a technical prospectus for your cost estimate). Ideal it'll be if your photographer worked for some dozens of years in develop and printing, and started practicing digital imaging technologies very early; it's worth saying that I started digital imaging as part of the activity in my professional photolab with film scanning and retouching way back in 1997, when digital cameras weren't on the orizon yet. My first professional shots with a digital camera came in july 2001. Today I teach classes in Advanced Digital Photography.
The classy, superior results you deserve.
What's in the bag:
the right tools for the right job (top of the line without any compromises)
: Number of professional still picture camera bodies (not including backup cameras)
: Number of professional movie camera bodies (not including backup cameras)
: Number of lenses for still or movie cameras. I choose the better ones depending on the requirements.
These are only a few examples of typical services available.
All photos are shot in RAW format. All movies shot in High Bitrate, Full HD and/or 4K resolution
€1.650 - Wedding photography coverage
€690 - "Shoot and burn" wedding photography coverage
- All day long wedding photography coverage, done by me (and none other) with one assistant (a "strobist", also photographing for backup but NOT as a second photographer).
- Professional post production with color correction/optimization from RAW and CD-rom containing all of the good images (300-500, full resolution jpegs, sRGB profiled) for your personal use (model release).
1 + assistant
2 FULL FRAME
2 fast zooms (f2.8)
€540 - Basic Video Coverage
€1.780 Stills + Motion Picture Bundle
€1.190 - Two feet
Photo Book instead of the traditional photo album available (printed on same chemical photo paper).
Pay per print
For little assignments limited in time and number of printed images a price per print can be applied. Ask for the rates.
Additional Photographer (you can add this to the "A", "B" or "D" solution) - €430
This doubles the number of (still) pictures, thus the processing of the whole material for evaluation, to an average of 700-900 shots.
Additional Photobook - Fotolibro
A selection of your wedding photos for parents, relatives and friends. Each photobook is a unique project with its own graphical layout designed in Photoshop. Various solutions available in various sizes, hard cover or soft cover, printed on photographic or offset material. Standard photobook also available (not designed in Photoshop). PRO photobook also available (chemical photographic paper).
1 day engagement session - €370
A studio and/or location portrait session with the future bride and groom. A good way to get familiarized. A selection of these images can be included into the wedding photo album at no additional cost. Otherwise the "Parents album" fee will be applied (see below).
2 days engagement session - €625
A studio and/or on location portrait session tipically done during a week-end. A selection of these images can be included into the wedding photo album at no additional cost. Otherwise the "Parent album" fee will be applied.
Parents album - €260-600 each (depending on size and type)
Containing a selection (about 30) of your wedding images.
CD rom - Model release, if not included in the service (i.e. case B - Shoot and burn)
Containing all color corrected, hi-res images (those printed on the wedding album) and all the remaining raw shots for your personal use:
In the year following the event: 30% of the value
After one year from the event: 20% of the value
List prices for professional prints on chemical color paper will be applied.
General policy agreement:
Photo sevices: you are required to leave a 30% deposit at the moment of reservation, 30% in the day of the event and 40% with the finished work.
Video: you are required to leave a deposit of 50% at the reservation and 50% in the day of the event.
You loose 50% of your deposit if you cancel the reservation more than a month prior to the event and the whole sum if you cancel it later.
* For sessions in the city of Venice or outside the Venices area, an additional fee will be calculated and applied.
** For images printed on photographic paper the album is NOT included in the price.
*** 1ov (Venetian Inch) = 29mm =1¼ imperial Inch
We can consider photographing various kinds of confessional and civil cerimonies, but we reserve ourselves the right to decline any assignment not abiding the Law (i.e. the morals infallibly taught by the Holy Church).